This healthy low carb side dish is ready in under 25 minutes. The neutral vegetable flavor and coarse texture create a wonderful grain substitute for rice. It takes less than a minute to transform this cruciferous vegetable into rice using a food processor or blender. You can also use frozen, already riced cauliflower to save even more time- skip step 1.)
1. 4 cups cauliflower florets
2. 2 tbsp olive oil
3. 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
4. 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
5. 1 fresh chili pepper, deseeded and chopped
6. ½ tsp chili flakes
7. ½ tsp ground cumin
8. 1 tsp dried oregano
9. ½ tsp onion powder
10. ½ tsp garlic powder (optional)
11. 1 cup chicken stock or water
12. ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
13. 1 tsp fresh lime juice
14. salt and black pepper to taste
1. Place the cauliflower florets in a food processor and pulse a few times until it is rice-like consistency.
2. Heat the olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add minced garlic and chili and sauté for 2 minutes. Add the cauliflower rice and sauté for another 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, stock, oregano, onion powder, cumin and chili flakes and bring to a gentle simmer.
3. Continue to cook for about 20 minutes or until cauliflower is soft. Add the garlic powder and season with salt and black pepper to taste. Sprinkle with fresh cilantro and lime juice before serving.