Updated: Jan 26, 2022
If you like spicy fermented foods, this flavorful Korean-style cauliflower rice will soon become your new favorite side dish for getting your 2 cups of veggies in. ADDED BONUS: Kimchi also contains good-for-your-gut flora—helpful probiotic cultures that feed your body’s microbiome.
MAKES: 4 IP Veggie Servings
- 1 small head of cauliflower (or about 6 cups)
- 3 tbsp olive oil 6 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup kimchi, chopped and divided
- 1⁄2 tsp IP salt
- 1 cup green beans, chopped inch thick
- 1 cup yellow peppers, diced
- 2 tbsp
- IP balsamic vinegar dressing
Rice cauliflower by placing florets in a food processor and roughly chopping; you will need to do this in two batches. In a large skillet, warm oil over medium heat. Add scallions and half the kimchi; cook 1–2 minutes, stirring often. Add riced cauliflower, beans and peppers, salt, cooking 4–5 minutes more, until cauliflower softens. Stir in vinegar dressing, top with remaining kimchi and serve.